July 12, 2010

Growing an Ipu

I have been wanting to try my hand at growing an ipu. You can buy the seeds from our friend at wwww.ipufarm.com or on ebay from seller hukilau1991. I have seen both company's ipu and they are both nice. It is hard to buy an ipu online, since there are different sizes and thickness to the ipus. But if you want a certain one, both can help you.
Ever since I saw the ipu farm at PIFA, this idea has been growing. Even though we have a few ipu and a ipu heke, it is a different feeling when you make your own. I bought the seeds online and they came with the instructions.
I planted the seeds in a warm and sunny area and have been keeping the soil moist. Unfortunately I started my growing season a bit late, so we will see how well my ipu do. About after a week of keeping the soil moist, the plants started to sprout. Since the season is a bit different in Chicago, verses the Florida or California weather (where the 2 companies are from) I will see how well I can grow the plants.
I did not plant all my seeds this year, so if it is not so successful this year, I always have next year. Plus I can always buy more seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment